Aso Kumamoto Airport
Situated 20km east of Kumamoto City, Aso Kumamoto Airport sits atop the Takayubaru Plateau on the western side of the Aso outer rim mountains. The airport lies within the municipalities of Mashiki (Kamimashiki District), Kikuyo (Kikuchi District), Ozu (Kikuchi District), and Nishihara Village (Aso District). There are few houses around the airport – instead you’ll find many farms, golf courses, and natural forests. With the smoky Aso volcano visible to the east, and faraway Mt. Unzen visible to the west, Kumamoto Airport occupies a truly scenic location in beautiful Kumamoto Prefecture.
- 1802-2 Oyatsu, Mashiki-machi, Kamimashiki-gun, Kumamoto
- About 90 minutes by air from Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
- Free admission
- All year
- · Parking is free for 2 hours if you spend more than 3,000 yen at one of the restaurants inside the airport.
· Airport parking is free for those taking an international flight (Seoul, Taiwan Kaohsiung, or Hong Kong routes).
· If you take an airport limousine bus to the airport, you will receive a 10% discount on purchases made at “Shunsaikan” inside the airport. When leaving the limousine bus, please receive your discount coupon from the attendant.
Seeing the Aso Volcano Crater
Shirakawa Suigen (Wellspring)
Aso Shrine and Aso Monzen Shopping Street
Dolphin watching (sea cruise)