The Former Goto Lord’s Residence and Garden and Shinjigaike Pond
The Former Goto Lord’s Residence and Garden is an elegant and picturesque place for those that love the traditional Japanese style architectures and design. The pond that is located inside the garden is said to be in the shape of the Japanese Kanji Character 「心」, meaning “heart”. The lord that created this place was fond of turtles, and thus walking around the garden, you will find many turtle-shaped rocks (36 to be exact), and also inside the residence as well.
- 1-7 Ikeda-machi, Goto City, Nagasaki Prefecture
- 10 minutes by foot from Fukue Port Ferry Terminal
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Mid-Autumn Festival (August 15th of Lunar Calendar),
August 9, December 27–January 31
- Apr., May, Jun., Jul., Aug., Sep., Oct.
- This place is stunning even on a rainy day.
Sasebo Koma (Spinning Top) Painting Experience
Kujukushima (“Ninety-Nine Islands”)
City of Swimming Carp
Experience the Kominka Stay - A Traditional Japanese House
Osezaki Lighthouse & Hiking Trail
Kujukushima Pearl Sea Resort
Matsura Historical Museum
Hashima Island (Gunkanjima, Battleship Island)
Nordisk Village Goto Islands