Standing on a cliff overlooking the Hyuga-nada Sea, the main shrine is located in a cave, which is a rare design in Japan. The shrine is said to be beneficial for marriage, easy delivery and so on. One attraction is the kameishi (turtle stone) in front of the main shrine where people throw undama into the hole in the rock below. If the undama lands in the hole, it is said one's wishes will come true. Listed in the Michelin Green Guide Japan (one star).
- 3232 Miyaura, Nichinan City, Miyazaki
- Take the route bus bound for Obi from JR Ibii Station
- From Miyako City bus stop or Miyazaki Kuko (Airport) bus stop, bus bound for Kuko (Airport) and Nichinan, Obi, or Kuko (Airport) and Toimisaki
- 7:00-18:00 (October-March)
- Open all year
- All year
- Udo, which was one of the great sacred sites of the Shugendo, plays host to pilgrimaging monks from across Japan. There is a monument to the birth of swordsmanship along the approach to the shrine.
Saitobaru Kofun-gun (Saitobaru Burial Mounds)
Amano-iwato Shrine and Amano Yasugawara
Phoenix Seagaia Resort
Miyazaki Airport (Miyazaki Bougainvillea Airport)
Shusen no Mori
Sun Messe Nichinan
Aya Teruha Suspension Bridge
Kirishima Factory Garden