Kagoshima City Aquarium “Io-world”
This is the largest aquarium on Kyushu, facing Sakura-jima, the symbol of Kagoshima. One of the highlights is the Umiushi (sea slug) Research Center, unusual anywhere in the world, which researches the rearing of sea slugs at the same time as clarifying their unusual ecology.
- 3-1 Honkoshin-machi, Kagoshima City
- Kagoshima Shiei Bus (No. 15, 16, 2, 24, 25, or 26) Kinsei-cho to Kagoshima Suizokukan-mae 3 minutes
- Kagoshima City Tram Kagoshima-Chuo Station to Kagoshima Suizokukan-guchi 15 minutes
- 9:30 to 18:00 (entry to the aquarium up to 17:00)
- The four days following the first Monday of December
- All year
- Every day, the dolphins of the aquarium go out into the outdoor waterway connected to the sea, and you can gain a close-up view of their gripping performances, with jumps.